Values & Approach
An Integrated and Holistic approach to treatment is Optimal
I have a direct approach , and I work closely with my clients to help them identify their goals. I believe in a collaborative therapeutic approach. Because our mind and our body are intimately connected, I utilize an integrative approach to promote optimal well-being. I have a unique method of bettering the lives of my clients which integrates Somatic Experience, Gestalt, Positive Psychology, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution-focused, Psychodynamic, and Narrative modalities. Together we will work towards increasing your positive emotions, life satisfaction, and engagement, and in so doing we will better your life.
Holistic Therapy in Action
I have global experience helping people to improve the quality of their own lives. My commitment to integrated wellness led me to journey to Ghana, Africa where I created and wrote a business plan for the first ever natural medicine college on the continent. I have counseled individuals and groups all over the world including in Ghana, Jerusalem, New York City, Santa Cruz, Ojai, Los Angeles.
My experience and training includes:
- Extensive experience working at a Community Mental Health Agency, as well as within private practice
- Ran a domestic violence woman’s process group for mandated and non-mandated women
- Led Community Counseling Certification groups for adults looking to expand their counseling skills and assist their respective communities
- Los Angeles Unified School District high school therapist
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction specialist at a rehabilitation clinic in Los Angeles
- Co-facilitator of The Best Practice Parenting Group
- Developed and lead self esteem workshops for teenage girls
- Assisted former prison inmates on effective communication and career development
- Speaking and writing engagements on various panels, on topics ranging from: Bipolar Disorder, Grief, Embodied Relational Communication, Integrated mental health
- AACAST, American Association of Couples & Sex Therapist, Certified Couples & Sex Therapist
- Completed year long advanced training on working effectively with Couples & Families at The Southern California Counseling Center
- Completed extensive trainings on working with couples using neuroscience and attachment theory
- Accomplished year long specialized training on working successfully with Individuals
- Certification in EMDR (Eye Motion Desensitization Reprocessing) I &II. EMDR is a cutting edge and highly effective treatment for all forms of trauma
- Completed year long seminar on working with various types of trauma, including training in The Trauma Resiliency Model and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy.
- Certification in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Completed Pacific Gestalt Institute Summer intensive training
- Continued commitment to ongoing learning and research; monthly consultation groups and monthly continuing education trainings
I am a passionate and whole hearted Psychotherapist. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #83686. I hold a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology, with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy from Antioch University. My undergraduate degree is from The University of California at Santa Cruz where I double majored in Political Science & American Studies. I specialize in Individual therapy, as well as Couples therapy. My clients span all ages, from teenagers to older adults. I have vast experience working with diverse individuals, and I look forward to working with you!